Hello from Oxfordshire

Andrew255

Hello from Oxfordshire

Post by Andrew255 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:35 pm

Hi

After reading many articles on the forum over the last few years I finally came across a topic that I felt I could contribute to so am now 'signing in' as an identifiable person rather than simply lurking.
I have loved classical guitar since I was a teenager, no idea where the interest came from as no one I knew was remotely interested, but have only had the opportunity to start to learn properly since retiring. I am now in my third year of lessons and enjoying the challenge although have no delusions that my playing will ever be anywhere near where I would like it to be. With hard work and many more years of effort I hope to eventually achieve competence but whether I ever get there only time will tell.

Andrew

George Crocket

Re: Hello from Oxfordshire

Post by George Crocket » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:35 pm

Hi Andrew. Welcome to the forum.

Our welcome page provides important information about the forum and its rules.

You have already posted two messages, so you have access to all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, all the members' scores and levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and post your own scores and recordings. After 20 posts you may subscribe to the 020 usergroup with associated membership privileges including access to the higher levels of sheet music in Delcamp's library (see here).

It is helpful if members include their location in their Profile - click on your username and edit.

See you around.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

jonny-mosco

Post by jonny-mosco » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:21 pm

Hi Andrew - great to see you here, a good and useful place.

Perhaps you could share your love for Giuliani's 120 RH studies...

Jonny

Andrew255

Post by Andrew255 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:18 am

Hi Jonny

Loving working on numbers 104 to 108 at the moment.......

What I particularly enjoy about the Giuliani studies is that if I ever get close to playing any of them correctly, admittedly it doesn't happen very often, a new element is introduced so my technique needs to be changed/improved and they become even more difficult.

I blame my teacher!

Andrew

Return to “Introduce yourself”