Hello from LA

lazybird

Hello from LA

Post by lazybird » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:06 pm

Hi everyone,
I just joined the forum and wanted to say hello. I started playing classical guitar about 2 years ago, and it has become my little passion ever since. I take lessons and practice regularly. I used to play piano years ago in my youth and always wanted to take up an instrument again someday. I love the warm, resonating sound of the classical guitar, so the choice was an easy one. I am a scientist by trade, in my middle age, and live in LA. I look forward to learning from others in the forum! Thanks.
Last edited by lazybird on Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

George Crocket

Re: Hello from LA

Post by George Crocket » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:25 pm

Hi Lazybird. Welcome to the forum.

If you have not already done so, please have a look at our welcome page for more information about the forum and its rules.

Since you have already posted a two messages you can access all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, all the members' scores and levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and post your own scores and recordings. After 20 posts you may subscribe to the 020 usergroup with associated membership privileges including access to the higher levels of sheet music in Delcamp's library (see here).

It is helpful if members include their location in their Profile - click on your username and edit.

Enjoy your visits.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

lazybird

Post by lazybird » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:08 am

Thank you for all the info, George!

Jack Douglas

Post by Jack Douglas » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:40 am

Welcome LA Lazybird. What an exciting city you are from! Enjoy your Delcamp adventure!
Jack
Richard Brune 'Artist' Cedar/Brazilian 1996

Karl Markis

Post by Karl Markis » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:18 pm

lazybird, I am a pianist/electric guitarist who has no nails. Have you jumped back and forth between piano and classical guitar? How do you reconcile piano's need for no nails, with classical's need for nails? I have already seen the "ping pong ball" "Rico nails" attached nails that some people use, that seems like an extremely inconvenient compromise. Not having your actual flesh/nail contact the guitar, would make the experience sterile. Are there players whom do not use artificial nails, yet are successful in both piano and classical guitar?
piano, electric guitar, shakuhachi player. learning classical guitar.

Return to “Introduce yourself”