Greetings from Finland

oaks

Greetings from Finland

Post by oaks » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:34 pm

I came here to "restart" guitar seriously after few wasted years. I was a member of this forum for a short while, but it was many years ago and my old account is gone now.

I started practicing guitar seven years ago, just before I turned 30. I reached grade 4 in three years, but then my progress stalled. I am musically very gifted, but physically untalented for guitar. I tend to pick up bad habits even when working with a teacher. It's quite frustrating.

In the beginning, after one year of private lessons, I was accepted to a conservatory. It was quite exceptional, as they usually take only children to study lower grades. While enrolled to the school, I also had music theory lessons and played in various bands. I had to leave my position when I moved to another city for work.

Now I'm at about grade 5 level. For the last three years, I haven't had a teacher. I haven't played daily and I have had few long periods of not practicing at all.

My plan is to start with Delcamp study material, 2-3 grades below my level. I want to focus on my techique and get it right this time.
Last edited by oaks on Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

simonm

Re: Greetings from Finland

Post by simonm » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:06 pm

Welcome to the forum.

You will find that Finland is well represented here.

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- To get started please take a look at the new member info here: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3653

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- It is useful to put your location into your profile so that people can see where you are located. Just click on your name on the right and then on "edit profile".

Regards,

Simon

vesa

Post by vesa » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:08 pm

Tervetuloa poppooseen oaks! (Wellcome to the pack oaks)

Vesa
Vesa Kuokkanen

Antonio Marin nr. 813 1995 (Bouchet)
Vesa Kuokkanen 2016

ChristosD3

Post by ChristosD3 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:04 am

Greetings from Athens

Luuttuaja

Post by Luuttuaja » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:10 am

Moikka! Welcome to the forum!