Hello from Manizales!

Marquezdl

Hello from Manizales!

Post by Marquezdl » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:50 am

My name is Dave Marquez. I am a retired American. I am spending my winters in Colombia, and my summers in the US and Spain. I love walking ( the Camino!), cycling, and classical guitar. I started learning classical guitar a few years back and my interest sort of waned a bit the last couple years before I retired. However spending time in Spain and Colombia and seeing lots of really good classical guitarists and tango guitarists, and various flavors of latin music executed on nylon strings has really rekindled my passion for the classical guitar.
I have 3 instruments currently: a Robert Webster blonde, a replica of an 1816 Martinez, and an inexpensive Yamaha. The Webster and the Martinez are in the USA. The Yamaha is currently my Colombia guitar. I am looking for a travelworthy small guitar to take with me on my travels.
I really like the music of Bach, Barrios, Brouwer, Lauro, and Jobim. Also developing a taste for Tango music. I have the worlds worst fingernails so I have also become a follower of Virginia Luque and Rob MacKillop and am trying to develop a nailless playing technique.

Erik Zurcher

Re: Hello from Manizales!

Post by Erik Zurcher » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:03 am

Hello Dave and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and finally type your town and state, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

scott martin

Re: Hello from Manizales!

Post by scott martin » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:50 pm

hi Dave,

welcome to the forum. You do not need long finger nails to play classical guitar. No nails offer a mellow and sometimes muted sound. best of luck, scott

Return to “Introduce yourself”