Hello from The Netherlands

jdevroed

Hello from The Netherlands

Post by jdevroed » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:56 am

Hello guitar enthousiasts!

A quick message to introduce myself. I started playing the guitar when I was 10 years old, and that's been a while, since I'm in my late forties already (time flies..). I played all sorts of stuff, was part of a classical guitar quartet for several years, writing arrangements, doing performances, etc. A lot of good times with a great variety of music.

That stopped, and since then I didn't play a lot. Now I've picked up playing again, taking lessons, practicing, and getting back in there. Which is a really great thing to be doing. My interest is broad: renaissance, baroque, South American (especially: tango), popular, etc, etc. I've got two daughters into music (cello and piano), so being able to play together is really good.

I hope to find good music and maybe some contacts on this forum. Let's see what happens!

Bye,

Jaco.

simonm

Re: Hello from The Netherlands

Post by simonm » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:45 pm

Welcome to the forum Jaco,

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- To get started please take a look at the new member info here: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3653

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- It is useful to put your location into your profile so that people can see where you are located. Just click on your name on the right and then on "edit profile".

Regards,

Simon

Barry Guy

Post by Barry Guy » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:35 pm

Hello Jaco,
I also joined the forum today, very envious of you being to play music with your daughters, my grand daughter plays the clarinet but she is teaching in Leeds, her visits are now never long enough to play music together.
Regards
Barry
Wallasey, UK

jdevroed

Post by jdevroed » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:09 pm

Hi Barry,

Thanks! Indeed, I'm in luck :-) I hope you once get the opportunity to play with your grand daughter. Interesting combination: guitar and clarinet!

Jaco.

CathyCate

Post by CathyCate » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:10 pm

Welcome Jaco!
Wow guitar quartets are one of my favorite things! I used to carry quartet scores in my gig bag just in case I would happen upon 3 classical guitarists who were into sight reading. Call me a dreamer, but it happened once or twice before these old shoulders started to give out.
:lol:
Cathy
Matthew Chaffin 2014 spruce/quilted maple
Andy Culpepper 2015 bear claw spruce/flamed maple

Return to “Introduce yourself”