Oribe Calidad Suprema stolen in San Antonio

Kirk671

Oribe Calidad Suprema stolen in San Antonio

Post by Kirk671 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:35 pm

I regrettably just had a 1971 Jose Oribe Calidad Suprema stolen in a snatch and grab in downtown San Antonio this morning. It is a ceder top, Brazilian rosewood sides and back, 645mm scale guitar. The luthier’s label is dated August 19, 1971 signed by Jose Oribe. There is no serial number.

lagartija

Re: Oribe Calidad Suprema stolen in San Antonio

Post by lagartija » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:00 pm

:-(
So sorry to hear about the loss of your guitar, Kirk. Even under these circumstances, I would like to welcome you to Delcamp.

If you have not yet found it, please have a look at our welcome page, and this post by Jean-François Delcamp, our host, which explains his thoughts on the purpose of this site.

We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your User Control Panel (at the top left of the page), then on the "Profile" tab, and then type your town and state or country, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
When the sun shines, bask.
__/^^^^^o>
Classical Guitar forever!

Rick Hutt

Re: Oribe Calidad Suprema stolen in San Antonio

Post by Rick Hutt » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:48 pm

What a nightmare! One of my student's guitars was stolen and he went around to local pawn shops. Found it about 2 miles away from his apartment. Hope you have similar luck. He filled out a police report so he was able to retrieve it from the pawn shop without paying the shop owner. And welcome to the forum
2010 Pimentel & Sons Concert Grand
2018 Ramirez Guitarra del Tiempo
1970 Taurus (Barcelona)
2009 Ramundo flamenco blanca
1962 Martin 0-16
2000 Martin 000-18
1963 Epiphone 12 Str

Return to “Introduce yourself”