Greetings from the coast of Washington state, USA

Shalludog

Greetings from the coast of Washington state, USA

Post by Shalludog » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:28 pm

Hello! My name is Ken but I will stick with the Shalludog moniker in this forum. I began playing guitar over 50 years ago. When I was 8 I made a deal with my parents: if I took piano for a full year then they would allow me to take guitar lessons. My teacher was Mr. Hammer, who was a full time music teacher - he showed up weekly at my house and made sure I didn't look at my fingers! He, and my folks, insisted that I embark on studying classical guitar, which I did for 5 years or so until I hit my teen years and decided I wanted to do other things. The foundation served me well. I played off and on for years, playing acoustic steel string and electric guitars in rock bands and at church. A little over a decade ago I got back into sight reading and, with a teacher, went through the Leavitt Basic Methods books. A year ago I started playing duets with a classical guitarist and decided to get a nylon string guitar. The past few months I have rediscovered the classical guitar and am working on developing my understanding of music theory and playing classical pieces. I'm pleased to be part of this Delcamp learning community!

simonm

Re: Greetings from the coast of Washington state, USA

Post by simonm » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:40 pm

Welcome to the forum Ken,

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- To get started please take a look at the new member info here: http://www.classicalguitardelcamp.com/v ... 28&t=36537

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- It is useful to put your location into your profile so that people can see where you are located. Just click on your name on the right and then on "edit profile".

Regards,

Simon

Shalludog

Re: Greetings from the coast of Washington state, USA

Post by Shalludog » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:41 pm

Thank you for the insights and guidance, Simon.

Return to “Introduce yourself”