Hello from Wyoming

Classical CPA

Hello from Wyoming

Post by Classical CPA » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:03 am

Hello everyone,

I am a family man, business owner, and guitar enthusiast and have reached a point where I feel like I have some more time to dedicate to playing guitar. I joined the Delcamp community to take advantage of some of the lessons and technical knowledge of more experienced forum members to improve my playing. I am a hobby guitarist that just enjoys playing in different groups, church, and teaching my son. I started lessons when I was 7 years old and didn't really start gaining traction till I was around 12-14 when I took it more seriously and switched instructors to a more classically based program. I continued with that through the end of high school, pursued a little in college with private lessons, but mostly just played in cover bands for a little extra money when it was available. Music has been an important part of life and is a great stress relief for me when needed. I find that classical music is always satisfying to play and even though I go in phases in what genre I'm perusing at any given point in time, the classical pieces are always fulfilling.....despite my lacking skill technique and time to practice.

I have a wonderful family that I could go on and on about forever. I love coaching my kids in sports and working with the family on really anything around our place. We have a 2 year old bird dog that is full of energy but gives us great memorable days in the field. He makes us laugh every day. We live in a small town located in a rural mountain area and generally speaking life is pretty grand although the snow gets old and our dry climate is tough to stay ahead of to preserve quality instruments.

Thanks everyone!!
Last edited by Classical CPA on Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tim

On the prowl for a concert classical
Godin Multiac Grand Concert, Martin D-40, Fender Custom Shop Strat, 194X Gibson (grandfathers), 1956 Fender Deluxe amp (grandfathers), Morgan MVP23, ever growing pedal board

CathyCate

Re: Hello from Wyoming

Post by CathyCate » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:03 am

Welcome to the Delcamp classical guitar forum Tim.

If you have not already done so, please have a look at our welcome page for more information about the forum and its rules.

You need a second post to have access to all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, to all members' scores and levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and to be able post your own scores and recordings. After more posts you may apply for access to some higher levels of sheet music in Delcamp's library (see here).

It is helpful if members include their location in their Profile. To do this click on the User Control Panel at the upper left, then the Profile tab, then enter the information.

Have fun! and welcome to Delcamp forum!
Cathy
Matthew Chaffin 2014 spruce/quilted maple
Andy Culpepper 2015 bear claw spruce/flamed maple

Samuel Hines

Re: Hello from Wyoming

Post by Samuel Hines » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:11 pm

Welcome, CPA! I appreciate the similarity of smalltown-ness and cold environment difficulties, here in Minnesota as well. :D

Return to “Introduce yourself”