Greetings From Italy!

Joshua Golden

Greetings From Italy!

Post by Joshua Golden » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:42 pm

Hello all!

My name is Joshua and I am from the United States (Tennessee), but currently live abroad in Italy for work. I am 28 years old and just ordered a Cordoba C3M so that I can learn classical guitar. Growing up, I learned to play the electric bass guitar and the acoustic guitar, but received no formal training and played mostly rock, blues, and some country. I played on and off for about 10 years before stopping almost entirely during college, excluding the occasional party jam session.

A while back, I began learning to play piano and learned to read sheet music and solidified my understanding of the basics of music theory. I've been wanting to get back into playing guitar lately and love baroque and classical music, so I decided to pick up classical guitar, rather than just get a steel string.

Outside of music, I am currently pursuing a second degree in Cybersecurity and Information Assurance, which eats up a lot of my free time, but my other hobbies are travelling, reading, and gaming. I also enjoy a good beer or cup of coffee. Please feel free to message me at any time, and thank you all in advance for all the help!

simonm

Re: Greetings From Italy!

Post by simonm » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:08 pm

Welcome to the forum.

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- To get started please take a look at the new member info here: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3653

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- It is useful to put your location into your profile so that people can see where you are located. Just click on your name on the right and then on "edit profile".

Regards,

Simon

bellemeade

Re: Greetings From Italy!

Post by bellemeade » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:19 pm

Ciao from an Italian living in London who also lived in Nashville. If you like a good cup of coffee you must try Illy. If you like baroque there are some lovely piece of Lully, Purcell, Le Roy, Sanz, Milan... and of course Bach. Best

Return to “Introduce yourself”