Hello from Sydney, Australia

satie1899

Hello from Sydney, Australia

Post by satie1899 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:49 am

Hello from Xavier in Sydney Australia.

I was a player of Classical guitar in mid 1990's and have only recently returned to playing last year. in mid 2018 after a long lay off the instrument.

My interest is mostly in music from composers from early Spanish names such as Sanz, de Narvaez, Mudarra and more modern music such as Sor and some of Tarrega's etudes and Preludes (very rusty though). Currently enjoying the album Greensleeves by Kaori Muraji and i'm interested in hearing from anyone with these forums as to where i can acquire the sheet music for the very first track of 16th Century Lute Music in ''Aria I' (Track #2 from her album) and although I've worked out the majority of this piece by ear , i would still like to find sheet music to confirm what i'm playing is indeed correct.

w/ Regards Xavier

oski79

Re: Hello from Sydney, Australia

Post by oski79 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:52 am

Welcome to Delcamp!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to read this page for a good rundown on how the forum works, rules, history, etc. You have found a great source of classical guitar knowledge, as we have a wide assortment of members, from beginners to performing artists, with a number of fine teachers, historians, and luthiers. So feel free to ask any questions you might have, but consider using the search function first, as many topics have already been discussed at length.

If you participate in other online forums, you might notice that things can occasionally get rather heated. We work hard to keep that from happening on Delcamp. Please read Mssr. Delcamp’s thoughts on the subject.

Please note that there is a requirement to post an average of once a month. Members not meeting this standard may have their memberships terminated.

Adding your location to your profile is a nice touch. Many of us have made new friends from doing just that.

Again, welcome to the forum!

Regards,

oski79
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

petermc61

Re: Hello from Sydney, Australia

Post by petermc61 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:12 am

Welcome to the forum.

Regards
Peter (also Sydney)

Return to “Introduce yourself”