Hello from Detroit area

Rr1982

Hello from Detroit area

Post by Rr1982 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:05 am

Hi, I'm new here and found the site while researching classical guitars. I was a very serious student for about 6 years, had a few different teachers, but stayed with one for most of that time. I found my studying too intense and frustrating at the end and switched to a flamenco teacher, bought a flamenco guitar and about 8 years ago stopped altogether and sold.my guitars.Anyways, I've always been in Love with guitar (started playing electric at 13 now I'm 51) in all it's forms, but especially Classical and now I find myself with a desire to buy a guitar again and start where I left off. I had a Cordoba r40, then one of my teachers bought a bunch of Enriquez model 25s new to sell to his students and I bought one. It was approximately $1100 USD and a very solid handsome well made beautiful sounding student guitar (cedar top solid back/sides,ebony fretboard) I am trying to find something nice with a spruce top this time in the <1000 range. I am looking for any ideas. Thanks!

Erik Zurcher

Re: Hello from Detroit area

Post by Erik Zurcher » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:47 am

Hello Rr1982 and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and finally type your town and state, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Rr1982

Post by Rr1982 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:45 pm

This seems to be a very friendly and productive forum!

Rr1982

Post by Rr1982 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:56 pm

Is anyone alive out there?

Jason Kulas

Post by Jason Kulas » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:13 am

There's a whole section here to get guitar buying advice. Probably the best place to get suggestions. viewforum.php?f=107 Cordoba still sells spruce tops in that price range that some people recommend. Yamaha's get recommended too. And so many others. Plus used, but if you're not expert on selecting one, you might want to find a good local music shop to help you.
Beginner. Yamaha G-50A. Connecticut, USA

Kevin Dunn

Post by Kevin Dunn » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:33 pm

A nice spruce top which is < $1000..... not easy to find. If I were you I would concentrate on used/second hand/bargains because of defects. My recent acquisition is a brand new Alhambra 10P two months ago. While it has a 3-inches crack on the surface lacquer off the bridge(hence put on sale like US$891), nothing apparently has affected adversely the construction, at least not to my ears. In terms of power, dimensions, projection and tone, it is, in my view, suitable for serious students like yourself.
1996 Claude Guibord, Spruce/BRW; 1982 Ramirez Estudio, Cedar/IRW.

Rr1982

Post by Rr1982 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:55 am

Thanks!

Return to “Introduce yourself”