Gettin’ back to playing

Paulw

Gettin’ back to playing

Post by Paulw » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:35 pm

Hi all, here’s a 50 something getting back in to playing after a thirty year break, yes it’s gonna be tough but a lot of fun. Hope to use all the resources of this great site.

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Re: Gettin’ back to playing

Post by GeoffB » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:13 pm

Hi Paul,

Welcome to the forum! Quite a few of our members returned after long breaks too, when family or job took precedence, but it's even sweeter the second time around! You'll find plenty of help and inspiration here.

Please have a look at this page for some useful information to get you started, including links to the rules and helpfiles. After your second message has been approved, you will have access to all members' scores and recordings plus the first 3 levels of the Delcamp score collections. After you have posted 20 messages, you can apply for the 020 group, which will give you access to the remaining levels. Just ask if you have any questions. I look forward to seeing you around!

Best wishes,
Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

celestemcc

Re: Gettin’ back to playing

Post by celestemcc » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:13 pm

Welcome, Paul!
I did the same at the same age (maybe just a few years less away from the instrument). It took a bit of time, but I'm pretty much back to where I was, though a tad slower, lol. It'll come back to you, particularly if you had a relatively solid technique. The muscle memory will help, you don't lose that. The hardest part is being patient, waiting to get up-to-speed to play things you used to. If you can, also find a good teacher. But it'll get there, with practice. If nothing else you'll appreciate just how wonderful it is to play at all, something I don't think I fully appreciated in my teens & 20s. Have fun!
2015 Connor spruce/Indian rosewood
1978 Ramirez 1a cedar

Return to “Introduce yourself”