Hello From Melbourne, AUS, a new member

Raffinski

Hello From Melbourne, AUS, a new member

Post by Raffinski » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:02 pm

Hello from Melbourne, Australia. My name is Justin Ludeman.

I am a semi-professional musician (guitarist and vocalist), guitar teacher and woodworker (insert 'budding luthier' :roll: :lol:). I retired a few years ago from a 2 1/2 decades long career in science. Nowadays I do cabinet/furniture/guitar making and repair, and play a lot of guitar.
I grow vegetables in my backyard, have two cats and dogs each and some happy chickens, and occasionally I venture outside in order to stay sane/connected. I like reading/watching science-fiction, non-fiction of all types and cooking/eating a great deal. Every now and then I exercise, but usually I exercise my right not to.

At the tender age of 44 I have just realised I've been playing for 4/5 of my life... My musical interests are broad and range from classical and folk idioms, blues, jazz and rock. Often my gigs involve wearing down a bar stool and playing classic pop/folk/blues/rock tunes. Sometimes I play classical guitar at weddings etc... I've recently formed a blues-rock outfit and we're rehearsing like crazy - we want to be good!! and stand out from the generic crowd.

I was trained in classical music as a child (keyboards/cello/vocals) but disliked the regimented pedagogy. At the age of 8 I first played a guitar and the experience of that moment has never left me. I own many instruments, including Alhambra, Yamaha, Cordoba, Fender, Gibson and Cole Clark guitars - they each have a functional and, dare I say, spiritual place in my expressive lexicon and heart.

I am self-taught as a guitarist. However my early musical education enabled me to read and study my way through established methods and I have at times liaised with professional/qualified teachers and luthiers, many of whom are my close friends. I compose music in different idioms often.

Anyway that's enough for now... I trust this is a sufficiently detailed introduction.

I am about to embark on restoring a 1969 700 Model Kairi concert guitar. Does anyone know A LOT about these and their construction (tonewoods/adhesives/joinery/finishes) as I have MANY questions.

Kindest regards to all - J

Erik Zurcher

Re: Hello From Melbourne, AUS, a new member

Post by Erik Zurcher » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:04 pm

Hello Justin and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and finally type your town and state, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

petermc61

Re: Hello From Melbourne, AUS, a new member

Post by petermc61 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:33 pm

Hi Justin

Welcome to the forum - a great story. I am sure you will add some interesting exchanges to the dialogue here.

All the best
Peter (Sydney)

Return to “Introduce yourself”