Allow me to Introduce Myself...

Caminante

Allow me to Introduce Myself...

Post by Caminante » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:10 am

Hello Everyone!

My name is Christopher, I live in the Puget Sound region of Washington State in the United States. I started playing guitar "seriously" about 6 years ago (I previously knew how to play chords and basic major scales in the first position and from a bar chord) within a Brazilian spiritual tradition from the Amazon, best described as a highly improvisational Brazilian fusion of Iberian folk music. I am wanting to take my musicianship within this tradition to the next level by seriously studying classical guitar and/or flamenco. I have never taken a formal one-on-one lesson, but I am currently reaching out to local teachers and a teacher I know in Brazil. I wanted to join this group to augment these lessons. I am looking forward to being a part of this forum. Thank you for allowing me to join!

Warm regards,

Christopher

oski79

Re: Allow me to Introduce Myself...

Post by oski79 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:05 am

Welcome to Delcamp!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to read this page for a good rundown on how the forum works, rules, history, etc. You have found a great source of classical guitar knowledge, as we have a wide assortment of members, from beginners to performing artists, with a number of fine teachers, historians, and luthiers. So feel free to ask any questions you might have, but consider using the search function first, as many topics have already been discussed at length.

If you participate in other online forums, you might notice that things can occasionally get rather heated. We work hard to keep that from happening on Delcamp. Please read Mssr. Delcamp’s thoughts on the subject.

Please note that there is a requirement to post an average of once a month. Members not meeting this standard may have their memberships terminated.

Adding your location to your profile is a nice touch. Many of us have made new friends from doing just that.

Again, welcome to the forum!

Regards,

oski79
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

Steve Ganz
Luthier

Re: Allow me to Introduce Myself...

Post by Steve Ganz » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:08 am

Welcome Christopher. I just got home from tonight's the Northwest Classical Guitar Society monthly meeting in Bellingham.
If you live nearby, PM me for details about upcoming meetings.
I also know a few guitarists (teachers) in nearby parts of the Puget Sound... again, PM
Steve

Return to “Introduce yourself”