Hello from the "quiet corner" of Connecticut

IgnatzMouse

Hello from the "quiet corner" of Connecticut

Post by IgnatzMouse » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:13 pm

I am a newly joined member with a long-time interest in, but comparatively little experience playing, classical guitar. I've been playing guitar, in one form or another, since 1964, but mostly on steel strings, until recently. Although largely self-taught on guitar, I have had formal music training in theory, both classical and jazz, and for a long time played jazz sax. Recently semi-retired from academia, I am more actively pursuing music at a more serious level, but purely for my own enjoyment.

I am afraid that my classical guitar tastes are pretty middle of the road, more through lack of exposure than anything else. Julian Bream, John Williams, Fabio Zanon, and all of the Assads are among my favorites. I am interested in getting to know about younger players and contemporary compositions for the guitar. My other guitar enthusiasm is for Flamenco, particularly Moraito Chico and Pepe Habichuela, although there are many others...

It's nice to be here!

Erik Zurcher

Re: Hello from the "quiet corner" of Connecticut

Post by Erik Zurcher » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:55 pm

Hello IgnatzMouse and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and finally type your town and state, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

lagartija

Re: Hello from the "quiet corner" of Connecticut

Post by lagartija » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:16 pm

:bye: hello from up river in western Massachusetts. Quiet corner.... I think of the Northwest corner as being the quiet corner of Connecticut....but I could be wrong! I grew up in the Hartford area and that was a long time ago! Things change. I practically get lost when I go back to places of my youth. The woodlands are smaller, the empty lots of my youth have condos stuffed in them. I always found the Northwest corner and the State forests out there to be lovely and quiet. Haven’t been out that way in quite some time, so I don’t know if it is still like that or not.
Not to mention that you might not even mean that area! :lol:

Welcome to Delcamp. We look forward to your contributions to our conversations. :-D
When the sun shines, bask.
__/^^^^^o>
Classical Guitar forever!

Return to “Introduce yourself”