Salutations from Stockholm

Viktor Johansson

Salutations from Stockholm

Post by Viktor Johansson » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:13 pm

Hi, I'm Viktor. I play the guitar. I started playing when I was 10. That was a bit more than 20 years ago. I have rarely played in public, perhaps five times in my life. Once I got paid to play the guitar. It was a group of people who worked together (non-music office job) who had a bluegrass choir and needed a guitar player. Now, it's been about 8 years since I last owned a guitar. I bought a super cheap classical guitar just before Christmas, and I have been enjoying it a lot. Before I played the electric guitar pretty much exclusively. I enjoyed playing blues and progressive rock. Right now I'm learning some Bach: the prelude from BWV 1007 (Cello suite in G major) transposed to D, in drop D tuning. I love playing that. Also I'm learning the Bourrée in Em that I began learning maybe 15 years ago, and Mozart's Ave Verum Corpus (I used to sing the tenor part of that one with my choir).

I am certainly not a luthier, but I have done some work on electric guitars. In particular, I have refretted about five guitars. That was fun. I also used to do a lot of soldering and helped friends replace electronics etc.

Right now I am working on my bachelor's degree project in mathematics. Also I like motorcycles a lot.

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Re: Salutations from Stockholm

Post by GeoffB » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:22 pm

Hi Viktor,

Welcome to the forum! Please have a look at this page for some useful information to get you started, including links to the rules and helpfiles. After your second message has been approved, you will have access to all members' scores and recordings plus the first 3 levels of the Delcamp score collections. After you have posted 20 messages, you can apply for the 020 group, which will give you access to the remaining levels. Just ask if you have any questions. I look forward to seeing you around!

Best wishes,
Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Viktor Johansson

Post by Viktor Johansson » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:58 pm

Thank you! I'm looking forward to having a look at the scores. I read the forum rules. They seem reasonable, but there's one thing I don't understand: we are supposed to

"• post at least one message per month

If I am not mistaken, it is necessary to log in before one can post a message. So it would seem that whoever fulfils the first requirement automatically fulfils the second. Am I right in this?

Thanks,
Viktor

Erik Zurcher

Post by Erik Zurcher » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:39 pm

Yes, you need to log in to post a message. The first two messages need to be approved by one of the moderators (a measure against spammers). Membership is free, but participation is requiered by posting one message per month.
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Luuttuaja

Post by Luuttuaja » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:43 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum!

George Crocket

Post by George Crocket » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:25 pm

ViktorJ wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:58 pm
Thank you! I'm looking forward to having a look at the scores. I read the forum rules. They seem reasonable, but there's one thing I don't understand: we are supposed to

"• post at least one message per month

If I am not mistaken, it is necessary to log in before one can post a message. So it would seem that whoever fulfils the first requirement automatically fulfils the second. Am I right in this?

Thanks,
Viktor
Viktor, the monthly requirement is an average which may be accumulated in advance. So if you were to post 24 messages today, then your average would cover you for two years. But if you did not log in again after one year had elapsed then your membership would be terminated.

I hope that clarifies the issue.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

Viktor Johansson

Post by Viktor Johansson » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:17 pm

George Crocket wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:25 pm
Viktor, the monthly requirement is an average which may be accumulated in advance. So if you were to post 24 messages today, then your average would cover you for two years. But if you did not log in again after one year had elapsed then your membership would be terminated.

I hope that clarifies the issue.
Thank you George! This makes perfect sense now.

Return to “Introduce yourself”