mike223

Post by mike223 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:25 pm

Hi there
Mike from Canada here
Was recently hurt in a work related activities
Been on my back in bed I said to self what am I going to do and not go crazy. I do not watch TV. But I like classical music. And played a little guitar over the years. My 5Th grade teacher got me interested in classical music .I at this point I am thinking of buying a guitar from Japan. I might need some help in this regard..... And some lesson....... Mike

Erik Zurcher

Re: New member

Post by Erik Zurcher » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:17 pm

Hello Mike and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and finally type your town and state, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

CathyCate

Post by CathyCate » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:37 pm

Welcome Mike! Sorry to hear about your recent injury. May you have a steady and speedy recovery. If you share your specific location, your new classical guitar comrades (local and abroad) are more than likely to chime in with much helpful advice re: lessons and guitar shopping. All the best. :chitarrista:
Cathy
Matthew Chaffin 2014 spruce/quilted maple
Andy Culpepper 2015 bear claw spruce/flamed maple

geraldkidd

Post by geraldkidd » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:52 pm

Welcome to the club, I have been a member for some while and the site has much to offer. I have been able to showcase a number of my arrangements due to this site so please free free to take a look. Best wishes Gerald Kidd

Jason Kulas

Post by Jason Kulas » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:10 am

Sorry to hear about your injury.

You can learn even with an inexpensive guitar. There's a forum here for guitar buying advice. And there's a free course of instruction on this site, as well as threads about good books for self-study. I'm working from the books Modern Classical Guitar Method by Stanley Yates, and Solo Guitar Playing by Frederick Noad.
Beginner. Yamaha G-50A. Connecticut, USA

Jason Kulas

Post by Jason Kulas » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:51 pm

About the free course here...you can get feedback on your progress from other players...if you take all the courses, it's the equivalent of 6yrs of music school. If you take the optional final exams, apparently it has official status in France, and would count towards your entrance requirements if you were to apply to study music there. The forum for the classes is: viewforum.php?f=41 . The post about registering is: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=54023 . And the FAQ about the course is: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=62687
Beginner. Yamaha G-50A. Connecticut, USA

mike223

Post by mike223 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:38 pm

Thank for the warm welcome

Return to “Introduce yourself”