Greetings from the Mississippi River Valley

Kristofer Schantz

Greetings from the Mississippi River Valley

Post by Kristofer Schantz » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:23 pm

Greetings everyone, my name is Kris and I have been a fan of this forum for years. It just seems right that I should join the community. I live in Davenport, Iowa which is part of the Quad Cities Metropolitan area of Iowa and Illinois. I have played guitar my whole life. Taking lessons from my father as early as I can remember. My Dad always had a classical guitar in the house, and I have always been in love with it. I also play electric guitar and bass, and write and record music in my home studio. I have sold guitars for a living for more than ten years. I have a Bachelors Degree from the University of Iowa in studio Art, with a minor in art history. When I read the Jose Romanillos book on Torres about five years ago I decided that I wanted to build classical guitars. Since then I have been studying guitar design and making, and have been building up a workshop to make guitars. I have been buying and reading all the books I can find on the subject, buying and watching all dvd’s I can find, scouring the internet for info, and watching YouTube videos. I am finally to the point where I am about to start building my first guitar which will be based on Jose Romanillos’ Torres build from his guitar making book. Wish me luck, and i’ll Report back with pictures.

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Re: Greetings from the Mississippi River Valley

Post by GeoffB » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:52 am

Hi Kris,

Welcome to the forum! Please have a look at this page for some useful information to get you started, including links to the rules and helpfiles. After your second message has been approved, you will have access to all members' scores and recordings plus the first 3 levels of the Delcamp score collections. After you have posted 20 messages, you can apply for the 020 group, which will give you access to the remaining levels. Just ask if you have any questions. I look forward to seeing you around!

Best wishes,
Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Return to “Introduce yourself”