Hello again from guitar teacher back here after years away

Aaron

Hello again from guitar teacher back here after years away

Post by Aaron » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:47 am

Hi all, I'm not sure what happened with this forum, but I'm the same Aaron I've always been. My website is wolftune.com and I teach guitar lessons in Oregon City and Portland. I taught and lived in Michigan before that.

I have a classical degree but an iconoclastic approach to music.

Some long-time members here may recall the years when I was posting about method book reviews and similar. I reviewed around 400 titles before I got over my obsession with that. I never published a full summary, but I published full reviews here of some select titles on occasion.

I don't know if there's any way to actually connect my newly-reactivated account with my old account…

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Re: Hello again from guitar teacher back here after years away

Post by GeoffB » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:07 am

Hi Aaron,

Welcome back! To catch up with any changes there may have been in how to use the forum, please have a look at this page for some useful information, including links to the rules and helpfiles. After your second message has been approved, you will have access to all members' scores and recordings plus the first 3 levels of the Delcamp score collections. After you have posted 20 messages, you can apply for the 020 group, which will give you access to the remaining levels. Just ask if you have any questions. By the way, you can put your website into your profile here, so that members can access it via a contact icon below your username.

I'm afraid there is no way to connect with your old account, as that will no longer exist on the database. Members need to post at least one message per month on average to keep their account open (though you can build up a credit in advance), in other words the postcount always needs to be at least the same as the number of months since joining. But they also have to log in at least once per year, regardless of postcount, to show that the account hasn't been abandoned, otherwise the account is closed. That's probably what happened to yours. Time for a new start!

I look forward to seeing you around.

Best wishes,
Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

CathyCate

Post by CathyCate » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:49 am

Welcome back, Aaron!
Among the perks on this site are the many posts that are contributed by teachers. I will look forward to reading what you have to say based on your experience with CG. If and when you decide to visit Michigan, be sure to give the Michiganders a heads up! We are midway Arctic blasts now, so aim for Spring or Summer when we can arrange to make it a warmer welcome. :lol:
Cathy
Matthew Chaffin 2014 spruce/quilted maple
Andy Culpepper 2015 bear claw spruce/flamed maple

Jason Kulas

Post by Jason Kulas » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:08 pm

I'm guessing your posts are still here? I've read great threads from "dead" accounts. Find your favorite old threads, put their links on your profile page?
Beginner. Yamaha G-50A. Connecticut, USA

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:03 pm

Unfortunately, in the mix of what I do, I can't guarantee that I'll not again go a year without logging in. I find that policy disappointing, but we'll see.

Yes, I think my old posts under "Aaron" are still around.

Return to “Introduce yourself”