Greetings from Singapore!

kranjangle

Greetings from Singapore!

Post by kranjangle » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:26 am

Hello everybody,

I'm an amateur at the guitar, hence I joined in the hopes of getting more resources for self-practice. I also really like classical guitar music, I learnt it for a while at a part-time music school called Yamaha, but due to the lack of time and increasing workload I had at school, I stopped classes. I generally like slow music, but for classical guitar I really enjoy the combination of the different plucking and strumming patterns which produces catchy rhythms and melodies. Sincerely hope that one day I'll be able to play a decent classical piece!

Best wishes from Singapore (a really small and young country in South East Asia :) (we are not a part of China! - haha I've heard many people think that we are)),
kranjangle

simonm

Re: Greetings from Singapore!

Post by simonm » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:37 am

Welcome to the forum kranjangle,

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- To get started please take a look at the new member info here: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3653

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- It is useful to put your location into your profile so that people can see where you are located. Just click on your name on the right and then on "edit profile".

Regards,

Simon

Jason Kulas

Post by Jason Kulas » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:08 pm

Welcome. There are free Classical lessons here. You can get feedback on your progress from other players. If you take all the courses, it's the equivalent of 6yrs of music school. If you take the optional final exams, apparently it has official status in France, and would count towards your entrance requirements if you were to apply to study music there. The forum for the classes is: viewforum.php?f=41 . The post about registering is: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=54023 . And the FAQ about the course is: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=62687
Beginner. Yamaha G-50A. Connecticut, USA

S.H.Tan
Amateur luthier

Post by S.H.Tan » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:06 pm

Welcome !
There are players and luthiers from 🇸🇬 in this forum.
S.H.Tan
http://guitarkumiko.blogspot.com
1974 Yamaha CG151S (Redo finish to FP)
1978 Hashimoto G212
2018 S.H.Tan#001 (Spruce/Mahogany/Cypress)
2018 S.H.Tan#002 (Spruce/Sapele/Cypress)

infernoxv

Post by infernoxv » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:32 pm

hi from the local lute and early guitars player! :D

Return to “Introduce yourself”