Greetings from Morocco

alyssmos

Greetings from Morocco

Post by alyssmos » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:38 pm

Hi there ! Just finished reading the little red text after signing up so here I am to introduce myself :D
I'm a 17 year old female who stumbled upon this nice forum while looking for ways/books/free teaching to learn how to read sheet music. So my situation is : I've just graduated from high school , and now I'm going through 2 years of preparation in order to integrate an engineering university. I know this system is quite different from America , but in France , you need to go through this to get into the best schools(They are not available for freshly graduated high-schoolers) , and since Morocco(my country) has some history with France , we can also try to get into French universities.( Now you're surely wondering why I'm bothering you with all this chit-chat, but hang in there, I'm getting to the guitar related stuff soon enough :lol: :lol: )
The thing is , these two years are litterally hell, like what I'm doing know is called here "prepa" and if you just say that word , people immediatly imagine you as a student in glasses locked up in his room studying maths and physics all night long without rest(which isn't too far from truth xD). Now as you can understand , I don't have much time to play guitar , I already know some bases as I played for half my senior year some guitar (not continuously) with the help of that Yousician app(I got to the level 7 if you guys can judge pretty much my level). But now I want to get a bit more serious. I planned to study theory for half an hour everyday from monday to friday and actually play on the weekends, since I now live in dorms (during the week) with really small rooms so I can't bring my guitar with me :( . So what do you think of this ? And what kind of advice would you give me ? Thanks a lot in advance :D

Erik Zurcher

Re: Greetings from Morocco !

Post by Erik Zurcher » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:54 pm

Hello Alyssmos and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Jason Kulas

Post by Jason Kulas » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:27 pm

Welcome. If you're interested, there are free Classical lessons here. You can get feedback on your progress from other players. If you take all the courses, it's the equivalent of 6yrs of music school. If you take the optional final exams, apparently it has official status in France, and would count towards your entrance requirements if you were to apply to study music there. The forum for the classes is: viewforum.php?f=41 . The post about registering is: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=54023 . And the FAQ about the course is: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=62687
Beginner. Yamaha G-50A. Connecticut, USA

alyssmos

Post by alyssmos » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:12 am

Thanks a lot for your help :D I'll go check out those links immediatly

Jason Kulas

Post by Jason Kulas » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:10 am

You're welcome. The classes here don't seem to teach basic music reading, or some basic info about beginner Classical guitar use. You may want to supplement the lessons here with extra reading/explanatory/pictorial material. I like the very popular "Solo Guitar Playing" book/CD series by Frederick Noad (includes teaching how to read music, and detailed explanation of technique). Noad gets you quickly into playing some musically pleasing practice pieces. You may also want additional explanatory/instructional videos. I like the free ones at https://www.thisisclassicalguitar.com/lessons/ (includes teaching how to read music, and detailed demonstration of technique). The Noad is my favorite of the 4 beginner approaches I've examined, but they all offer something unique and valuable. I use Noad and the classes here, supplemented with articles/videos from thisisclassicalguitar.
Beginner. Yamaha G-50A. Connecticut, USA

Return to “Introduce yourself”