Hello from beautiful Victoria, BC

palosanto

Hello from beautiful Victoria, BC

Post by palosanto » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:43 pm

Hi everyone,

I've played guitar all my life. I studied classical for 5 years in Barcelona, Spain and after a few years I studied flamenco with several teachers in Madrid and Jerez and I've been playing exclusively flamenco for about 25 years.
I live in Victoria, BC where I'm very involved with the wonderful local flamenco community .
However, being retired now I have 'lots of time' so I've been slowly taking an interest with classical and 'undusting' my old repertoire.
I own 3 Jeff Sigurdson flamencas: a blanca, and spruce/indian negra and a special negra with spruce top and Coral back and sides. All great instruments.
I've owned and sold over the years a Bellido, Conde negra and Pedro de Miguel negra.
Looking currently for a Ramirez 125 anos or R4 to get back to my classical music.
I'm happy to be part of this learn from all members.
Juan
2018 Jeff Sigurdson flamenco blanca SP/CY
2009 Jeff Sigurdson flamenco negra SP/Coral
2011 Jose Ramirez 125 anos

simonm

Re: Hello from beautiful Victoria, BC

Post by simonm » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:46 pm

Welcome on board Juan.

- Welcome to the forum. Victoria seems to be a great place. At least one more member from the area.

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- To get started please take a look at the new member info here: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=36537

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- It is useful to put your location into your profile so that people can see where you are located. Just click on your name on the right and then on "edit profile".

Regards,

Simon

guitarrista

Re: Hello from beautiful Victoria, BC

Post by guitarrista » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:55 pm

Hi Juan,

Welcome to this amazing forum! :bye:
Konstantin
--
1982 Anselmo Solar Gonzalez

Return to “Introduce yourself”