New member: guitarist and composer

Reza Chitsaz

New member: guitarist and composer

Post by Reza Chitsaz » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:53 pm

I am pleased to introduce myself here in this forum: I am a classical guitarist and composer in Friedberg, Bavaria.
At the age of 18, I was a teacher at Tehran Conservatory where I studied music and composition.
Afterwards I studied in Paris with Alberto Ponce, in Barcelona with Eduardo and Regino Sainz de la Maza and in Rome with Alirio Diaz.
For 30 years I gave lessons at the University of Augsburg and private lessons. Incidentally, I compose pieces for classical guitar in different styles such as flamenco, bossa nova, modern classic and romantic style. I also created a lot of transcriptions.
I'd like to share my knowledge with the forum members and play some of my pieces like this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLcmH3f8r2o
here.
Last edited by Reza Chitsaz on Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Composing for guitar is fun!

Erik Zurcher

Re: New member: guitarist and composer

Post by Erik Zurcher » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:01 pm

Hello Reza and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and finally type your town and state, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Reza Chitsaz

Post by Reza Chitsaz » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:07 pm

Thank you for the quick answer. I'll update my profile now.

Smith

Post by Smith » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:54 pm

What a great video! For me it has a very cinematic feeling like the theme for The Third Man, or perhaps I could envision this music playing through the opening credits of some dark heavy Roman Polanski type drama.

I notice it is in three, sort of like a waltz. More description would be appreciated. Also is this a recent work or something older?

Welcome to the forum!

Marshall Dixon

Post by Marshall Dixon » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:44 pm

Harmony is very evident in this piece. I enjoyed it very much and will be watching for more of your musical offerings.

Reza Chitsaz

Post by Reza Chitsaz » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:56 pm

Reza Chitsaz wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:07 pm
Thank you for the quick answer. I'll update my profile now.
Last edited by Reza Chitsaz on Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reza Chitsaz

Post by Reza Chitsaz » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:58 pm

Smith wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:54 pm
What a great video! For me it has a very cinematic feeling like the theme for The Third Man, or perhaps I could envision this music playing through the opening credits of some dark heavy Roman Polanski type drama.

I notice it is in three, sort of like a waltz. More description would be appreciated. Also is this a recent work or something older?

Welcome to the forum!
I am glad that you like the piece. I wrote it 10 months ago, in three-quarters clock, by the way I have posted it here in this forum as PDF.
I think the E minor scale for guitar is the most beautiful minor scale.
That's right, I've chosen a three-quarters clock. Personally, I like the part in major, usually with pieces in minor the major parts are often short and only with simple harmonies. I wanted to expand the major part as a very important part.
Have a nice evening!

Reza Chitsaz

Post by Reza Chitsaz » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:03 pm

Marshall Dixon wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:44 pm
Harmony is very evident in this piece. I enjoyed it very much and will be watching for more of your musical offerings.
:merci:
I am glad that you like it! There will be new posts soon.

Return to “Introduce yourself”