New Member from Texas, U.S.A.

Marco Colon

New Member from Texas, U.S.A.

Post by Marco Colon » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:30 pm

Good day,
My name is Marco. I have been taking classical guitar lessons for almost 5 years. Working on Sagreras' book num. 3 (first 6 lessons). I started my lessons at age >50. I find myself improving, but slowly. I tried teaching myself before that for a while to no avail. I've never played another instrument before. I like classical music for guitar above all others but performance anxiety limits me (but I will cont. to practice). I'd love to learn to play tremolo and have started practicing. Thanks for having this website.

oski79

Re: New Member from Texas, U.S.A.

Post by oski79 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:14 pm

Welcome to Delcamp!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to read this page for a good rundown on how the forum works, rules, history, etc. You have found a great source of classical guitar knowledge, as we have a wide assortment of members, from beginners to performing artists, with a number of fine teachers, historians, and luthiers. So feel free to ask any questions you might have, but consider using the search function first, as many topics have already been discussed at length.

If you participate in other online forums, you might notice that things can occasionally get heated. We work hard to keep that from happening on Delcamp. Please read Mssr. Delcamp’s thoughts on the subject.

Please note that there is a requirement to post an average of once a month. Members not meeting this standard may have their memberships terminated.

Adding your location to your profile is a nice touch. Many of us have made new friends from doing just that.

Again, welcome to the forum!

Regards,

oski79
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

Vito Simplicio
Composer

Post by Vito Simplicio » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:29 pm

Hello Marco,

Welcome to Delcamp! I commend you for taking on the classical guitar at >50. Don't be too concern about the speed of your progress. Instead, enjoy the journey. :guitare:

Vito
( vitO )===:::

Oberg (2008)
Takamine C136S (1977)

Classical Guitar Forum

fraim

Post by fraim » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:23 am

hello marco from the Big D

i sometimes feel a bit frustrated at my seemingly lack of lightspeed progress, but vito is correct "enjoy the jounrney".

Marco Colon

Post by Marco Colon » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:21 am

Thank you. My wish is not to be really good, just the best that I can, and keep Alzheimer's away... :)

Jack Douglas

Post by Jack Douglas » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:12 am

Hi Marco,
Welcome and enjoy perusing Delcamp. Above all, enjoy the guitar!
Richard Brune 'Artist' Cedar/Brazilian 1996

Return to “Introduce yourself”