Greetings from Maryland USA

Buddhabreath

Greetings from Maryland USA

Post by Buddhabreath » Thu May 23, 2019 11:16 pm

Hello Everyone,

I’m looking forward to being a part of this online community. I somewhat casually played guitar from my 20s through my 30s. I’m pushing 60 now and have picked up the guitar again the last couple of years and this time with more intensity. I also play a bit of Sitar and Kora and also have a Pipa and an Oud. I have several guitars but my main axes are a Kremona 90th anniversary and an Augustin Fernandez 8-string. I am actually probably a better steel string player. I have made a lot of progress with my playing (and singing) the last year and rather than build a classical repertoire,I am more interested in technique and theory to advance my own compositions. I’m trying to gather the courage to do an open mic/perform publicly for the first time in about 30 years and would love to form an eclectic musical group or collaboration with like minded people. My musical background is very diverse with my main inspiration being lesser know progressive rock bands and chamber/avant- rock. Anyway, I hope to achieve and record something before I get too damn old.

Apologies for being long-winded!

- Bill

Erik Zurcher

Re: Greetings from Maryland USA

Post by Erik Zurcher » Fri May 24, 2019 5:36 am

Hello Bill and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and finally type your town and state, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

franks59

Post by franks59 » Fri May 24, 2019 12:39 pm

Next Open Stage is September 22nd at the Catonsville Presbyterian Church so you have pleny of time to prepare!

Frank

Jack Douglas

Post by Jack Douglas » Fri May 24, 2019 12:48 pm

Welcome and enjoy your adventure!
Richard Brune 'Artist' Cedar/Brazilian 1996

segobreawill

Post by segobreawill » Fri May 24, 2019 12:52 pm

Welcome Bill :)

Just play your guitar and enjoy it. If you want to become more "expert" at it, there's lots of info AND people on Delcamp to encourage you in that direction, enough to last you the rest of your life, if you're so inclined.

Cheers!

Buddhabreath

Post by Buddhabreath » Fri May 24, 2019 10:31 pm

Thanks all for the warm welcome. I hope I can make a small contribution in time.
franks59 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 12:39 pm
Next Open Stage is September 22nd at the Catonsville Presbyterian Church so you have pleny of time to prepare!

Frank
Hi Frank, I’m also in Columbia FYI. Perhaps I’ll look into that Open Stage event and see what it’s about. In the meantime I do hope to marshal the courage to do an open mic or two. :)

Cheers!

Bill

Return to “Introduce yourself”