Hello from UK

Beckingham007

Hello from UK

Post by Beckingham007 » Thu May 30, 2019 7:25 am

I learned to play classical guitar as a young boy. I put it down for many years as life took over my time......but I've now picked it up again and I'm loving it more than ever.

However, after hearing a friend's guitar I realised I need something of better quality.

There appear to be a confusing amount of guitars out there and I would really appreciate some help/comments/discussion on what to spend my money on.

Thanks for any feedback
Becks

George Crocket

Re: Hello from UK

Post by George Crocket » Thu May 30, 2019 2:13 pm

Hi Beckingham007. Welcome to the forum. We have an area for advice on guitar-buying, so perhaps you should post a message there.

But first, please have a look at our welcome page for more information about the forum and its rules. Once you have posted a second message you will be able to access all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, all the members' scores and levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and post your own scores and recordings. After 20 posts you may subscribe to the 020 usergroup with associated membership privileges including access to the higher levels of sheet music in Delcamp's library (see here).

It is helpful if members include their location in their Profile - click on your username and edit.

See you around.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

James Lister
Luthier

Post by James Lister » Thu May 30, 2019 5:38 pm

It would be useful if you could give us an indication of your budget - and also what guitar you are currently playing.

James
James Lister, luthier, Sheffield UK

DerekB

Post by DerekB » Fri May 31, 2019 8:35 am

It would be a good idea to ask the question in the Adivice on buying and selling guitars section. Not everyone looks at the Introductions. As James says, you should give us some clues about price, which guitar you have now and which one impressed you. If you give your location there will be lots of advice on where to go to try new guitars.
I've suffered for my music. Now it's your turn... - Seasick Steve

Ana Espinosa 2014 Swiss spruce/IRW
Yulong Guo 2009 640mm scale cedar/IRW

Return to “Introduce yourself”