Hello from London

Helsair
Location: https://bestelectricguitars.reviews/best-jazz-guitars/

Hello from London

Post by Helsair » Fri May 31, 2019 5:03 am

Hello, I'm Govard.
I'm only start playing the guitar. Want to study by myself.
I love jazz...Grant Green, Joe Pass, Wes Montgomery my favourite players
Hope one time I can play like they :)

CathyCate

Re: Hello from London

Post by CathyCate » Fri May 31, 2019 6:33 am

Welcome to Delcamp!

If you have not yet found it, Govard, please have a look at our welcome page, and this post by Jean-François Delcamp, our host, which explains his thoughts on the purpose of this site.

We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your User Control Panel (at the top left of the page), then on the "Profile" tab, and then type your town and state or country, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"

You mention that your main interest is jazz. This forum is dedicated to classical guitar, but a number of players and teachers share your interest and are cross trained to some degree.
Use of the forum's internal search function will point you in the direction of some jazz oriented discussions and materials. Enter the search term <<jazz guitar>> and go from there.

If you are just getting started, you might look into having a lesson with a teacher in your area. They will get you started in the right direction as far as technique goes and it is worth the investment. If you can't find a teacher, there are Online Lessons here at Delcamp.
Cathy
Matthew Chaffin 2014 spruce/quilted maple
Andy Culpepper 2015 bear claw spruce/flamed maple

Return to “Introduce yourself”