New luthier from Slovakia

Martin Okenica

New luthier from Slovakia

Post by Martin Okenica » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:26 pm

Hello,

my name is Martin Okenica. I've started guitar-building many years ago as a self-taught hobbyist. Currently, I devote myself to this topic full-time.

I was brought to this forum by my colleague and long-time member here at Delcamp, guitarist Marek Cupak. We closely cooperate with each other, for several years by now, which was greatly beneficial for both of us.

I've already found numerous bits of information here on the forum which I've found useful, but didn't open an active account until now. I'm looking forward to find further information from other fellow luthiers, and reciprocally share some of mine, should anyone be interested.

I could also offer my own instruments, once I reach forum's requirements.

Best regards,
Martin

simonm

Re: New luthier from Slovakia

Post by simonm » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:32 pm

Welcome to the forum Martin,

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- To get started please take a look at the new member info here: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=36537

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- It is useful to put your location into your profile so that people can see where you are located. Just click on your name on the right and then on "edit profile".

Regards,

Simon

Martin Okenica

Post by Martin Okenica » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:36 pm

Hi smonm,
thanks for pointing that out. I've already made myself familiar with forum rules, I think, but thanks anyway.

I've edited my profile just after a while I sent my introductory post - didn't expect it will get approved so fast! :-)
My location should be visible by now.

Jacek A. Rochacki

Post by Jacek A. Rochacki » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:02 am

Good day, Martin,

It is a real pleasure to see you here, I do not play any of your guitars (yet :) but I heard a lot of good things about them and I like their sound when I listened to music by @Marek Cupak. I hope that you will have good time here and maybe you will say a word or two on your luthiery. By the way: do you teach guitar making ? maybe you write on it ?

with my best thoughts and wishes

Jacek
Antonio Picado, model 60, 2015, Cedar/IRW. Scale 640 mm.
Antonio Picado, model 62, 2018, Cedar/Madagascar Palosanto. Scale 640 mm. Doble Tapa.

Martin Okenica

Post by Martin Okenica » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:22 pm

Hi Jacek,

Marek is an excellent guitarist and a great share of the sound comes from his hands and love for period / romantic music. I do not teach guitarmaking, as I feel like a sort of an eternal student myself, but many thanks for your interest!

Return to “Introduce yourself”