New to classical guitar.

donegaljoe

New to classical guitar.

Post by donegaljoe » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:39 pm

Hi there folks,

My name is Joe from Ireland and would consider myself a total novice as regards playing the classical guitar. I do play the steel string acoustic and even have an old Yamaha G120A classical from the seventies but never really put any effort into learning to play it, just lay in the corner, strings broken gathering dust.

I got it restrung quite recently gave it a good dust down, it does have rather a bulky neck but I understand that is a feature of the classical guitar.

Anyway I have messed around a little with it and slowly getting to feel more comfortable playing it, even beginning to like the rather fat neck on it.

So hope to post a few threads on the forum and get some advice if I may.

Thanks very much

Joe

George Crocket

Re: New to classical guitar.

Post by George Crocket » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:26 am

Hi Joe. Welcome to the forum. It does take a bit of getting used to the feel and the technique of classical guitar, but you will find it worthwhile to persist.

If you have not already done so, please have a look at our welcome page for more information about the forum and its rules. Once you have posted a second message you will be able to access all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, all the members' scores and levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and post your own scores and recordings. After 20 posts you may subscribe to the 020 usergroup with associated membership privileges including access to the higher levels of sheet music in Delcamp's library (see here).

It is helpful if members include their location in their Profile - click on your username and edit.

Enjoy your visits.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

fraim

Post by fraim » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:26 am

welcome to the site, joe!
best of luck to you on your new adventure!

C-Squared

Post by C-Squared » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:55 am

The wide neck definitely takes some getting used. As your technique develops, you'll appreciate the extra space!

Return to “Introduce yourself”