Greetings form Golden, Colorado

Eric V

Greetings form Golden, Colorado

Post by Eric V » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:52 pm

Hello CGDelcamp,

I dusted off my classical guitar a few months ago after it had sat in the case for the last 30 years, have really enjoyed playing again! Started playing guitar when I was 9 (now 62), mainly rock at first then a transition to jazz in my late teens. In my first year of college I was playing in the jazz band & decided to sign up for a classical guitar class and was immediately hooked! Played mainly classical the next 15 years, then got the bug for rock again in my mid 30's and played in various cover & original bands. Haven't done much playing at all in the last 10 years and now coming full circle to classical.

My original classical days were pre-internet so all info was gleaned from instructors, fellow players, & master classes. Think I've learned more here about nail care, various luthiers, composers, strings, etc. lurking over the last month than in all my previous years of playing!

Look forward to continued learning on this great site, as well as contributing the little I have to offer at the moment as I get back into classical guitar. Have been drooling over the for sale section, would really like to pick up a nice 52/650 as my 54/660 79' Dieter Hopf is a bit much for my aging hands!

Best to all,

Eric V

CathyCate

Re: Greetings form Golden, Colorado

Post by CathyCate » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:00 pm

Welcome to the Delcamp classical guitar forum.

If you have not already done so, please have a look at our welcome page for more information about the forum and its rules.

You need a second post to have access to all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, to all members' scores and levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and to be able post your own scores and recordings. After more posts you may apply for access to some higher levels of sheet music in Delcamp's library (see here).

It is helpful if members include their location in their Profile. To do this click on the User Control Panel at the upper left, then the Profile tab, then enter the information.

Have fun! and welcome to Delcamp forum!
Cathy
Matthew Chaffin 2014 spruce/quilted maple
Andy Culpepper 2015 bear claw spruce/flamed maple

Eric V

Re: Greetings form Golden, Colorado

Post by Eric V » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:26 pm

Thanks for the welcome Cathy! Will check out the forum sections noted above.

Return to “Introduce yourself”