Hello from California

gelidity

Hello from California

Post by gelidity » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:29 pm

I've played guitar and piano as a hobby for about 15 years. Never had an actual lesson for guitar and went through the numerous pitfalls of being self-taught. Similar story with the piano but had expensive piano lessons for a couple of months in the middle of my piano life, which was very helpful for improving my technique and musicality.

I started with acoustic guitar, and easily developed a fondness for fingerpicking and classical music. Although my fondness for fingerpicking was first inspired from indie folk artists such as Fionn Regan, Nick Drake, and Ben Howard, and my fondness for classical music was first inspired from Classical music largely not related to guitar, such as from Chopin, Brahms, and Mahler.

I eventually fell into the classical guitar rabbithole, and wanted to find a guitar classical that'd I'd be happy with in regards to tone, quality, and value. Delcamp has been incredibly helpful in my research. I currently have a vintage Takamine C140S.

I've been a longtime lurker of Delcamp and admittedly registered to benefit from the many resources this forum offers, particularly sheet music and knowledge about luthier guitars.
Last edited by gelidity on Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

simonm

Re: Hello from California

Post by simonm » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:44 pm

Welcome to the forum.

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- To get started please take a look at the new member info here: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=36537

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- It is useful to put your location into your profile so that people can see where you are located. Just click on your name on the right and then on "edit profile".

Regards,

Simon

Return to “Introduce yourself”