Hi from Wales, UK

EmBeaR

Hi from Wales, UK

Post by EmBeaR » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:00 pm

Hi, I'm Emma. I'm in my 50s and have been playing the guitar since I was 8. I'm largely self-taught, though my Mum taught me the basics of classical playing when I was 10-12 and I had lessons in my late teens from a local teacher in Kent (south-east England) where I grew up. I also play plectrum guitar and have recently taken up modern fingerstyle, and it's my dream to own (and play!) a 20 or 21 string harp guitar! I've battled RSI for most of the last 3 decades but have it mostly under control since I overhauled my playing technique a few years ago.

simonm

Re: Hi from Wales, UK

Post by simonm » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:27 pm

Welcome to the forum.

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- To get started please take a look at the new member info here: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=36537

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- It is useful to put your location into your profile so that people can see where you are located. Just click on your name on the right and then on "edit profile".

Regards,

Simon

James Lister
Luthier

Post by James Lister » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:58 am

Hi Emma,

Welcome to the forum!

James
James Lister, luthier, Sheffield UK

simonm

Post by simonm » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:52 pm

EmBeaR wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:00 pm
... and it's my dream to own (and play!) a 20 or 21 string harp guitar! ...
I always fancied one of those too. Saw one once in Bologna in a music shop window in another life and I love the clip in the movie "The Last Walz" where you see one briefly.

Return to “Introduce yourself”