Home of the Liberty Bell

SandChannel

Home of the Liberty Bell

Post by SandChannel » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:46 pm

Hi there!

I have been playing guitar for a over a decade in the rockabilly, swing, and jazz fields, but I have always loved classical guitar as well. Being in Philadelphia, I have had the opportunity to see many fantastic musicians passing through the area courtesy of the Wilmington and Philadelphia Classical Guitar Societies - including Thibaut Garcia, Rupert Boyd, and Celil Refik Kaya.

Although I have often visited this site, I have not really begun a proper education of the classical guitar. As a self-taught musician, the thought of delving into the classical repertoire with the the required dedication to technique and tone colors is quite daunting. My goal here is to get some tips and get my feet wet as I start this journey. At the moment, I am going to be using my archtop until I feel I am ready to step into a proper student classical guitar (both mentally and financially). At the moment, the only nylon stringed instruments in my home are a few ukuleles that I have played some early Irish and Scottish folk tunes on.

At the end of the day, I am a hobbyist and a student of music. I don't have lofty goals to perform in front of an audience other than my wife and cats, but I do want to challenge myself to be the best musician that I can be.

I am looking forward to getting to know the lot of you soon enough!

Thanks for reading,
SandChannel
Unhindered by talent.

simonm

Re: Home of the Liberty Bell

Post by simonm » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:50 pm

Welcome to the forum.

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- To get started please take a look at the new member info here: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=36537

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- It is useful to put your location into your profile so that people can see where you are located. Just click on your name on the right and then on "edit profile".

Regards,

Simon

Return to “Introduce yourself”