Greeting from Taipei

uccpeter

Greeting from Taipei

Post by uccpeter » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:54 am

Hi there

This is Peter from Taipei.
It's a great pleasure to find this great place for classical guitar lovers.

quick intro for myself.

I picked up classical guitar at the age of 18 at local junior college. I was lucky enough to be inspired by one of my classmates who studied classical guitar since he was 10. anyhow, for the next 3 years I studied classical guitar with help from both my classmate Y.C. at school and teacher during summer time. Anyhow, gradually I drifted away from classical guitar due to military service which was required by all able male adults at time.
Between my 20s and 40s, I spent most of my time on EDM due to heavy influence from some of my closed friends. Classical guitar was not on top of my list anymore during those days.
Well, guess life is just full of surprise I met my old guitar mate last year at college reunion. Since then I've picked up my very same guitar, a 30 years old Aria SP-20, It's hard to believe I've stopped playing for last 20 plus years......
For last few months, I've been practicing lots of etudes Sor, Carcassi, Tarrega and Guliani together with a few famous pieces that I am still capable of like Adelita, Romanza etc.
While searching for some good pieces to learn, I found this great place filled with tons of CG knowledge and information!
Well, so glad to be part of this great place.

Thank you

Peter
Last edited by uccpeter on Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Erik Zurcher

Re: Greeting from Taipei

Post by Erik Zurcher » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:54 am

Hello Peter and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and finally type your town and state, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

uccpeter

Re: Greeting from Taipei

Post by uccpeter » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:43 am

Thank you Erik!

Return to “Introduce yourself”