Greetings from Vancouver, or Calgary, or China...wherever I happen to be

Jules Wilkins
Student of the online lessons

Greetings from Vancouver, or Calgary, or China...wherever I happen to be

Post by Jules Wilkins » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:13 am

OK, so my home base is in Vancouver area (Surrey Actually, with a business in Burnaby) but work takes me to Calgary at times and life sometimes takes me to Kaifeng in China. But you likely don't care...
I started (sort of) almost 50 years ago when mom bought me a guitar, but never got any good and when Air Canada added a second sound hole I was without a guitar for many years...but I did like the instrument and about 25 years ago I went to Paracho Mexico and bought the best Classical Guitar I could find there. Trouble with that is that my wife at the time hated it when I practiced because I was supposed to be watching TV with her. My second wife encouraged me when I showed some renewed interest and I actually started to take the online lessons here...until my guitar was stolen and life got complicated. Anyway, I figured I should start up again and so here I am...basically a beginner as far as skill level despite spurts of trying to learn.

Erik Zurcher

Re: Greetings from Vancouver, or Calgary, or China...wherever I happen to be

Post by Erik Zurcher » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:23 am

Hello Jules and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and finally type your town and state, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

MichaelT

Post by MichaelT » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:47 pm

Welcome to Delcamp! And yeah, in my experience those luggage gorillas see oddly-shaped or unusual luggage as a test-to-destruction challenge.

Lots of guitar folk in the greater Vancouver area, you should be able to find kindred souls in your journey.

Rick Beauregard
Student tutor

Post by Rick Beauregard » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:50 pm

Welcome back Jules. From just over the parallel here in Blaine. I look forward to seeing you in the lessons.
All this time I thought I was making music; it was making me.
2015 Steve Ganz "Solidarity"
1980 Dauphin D30
1962 Fender pre-CBS P-Bass
National Triolian Uke ca.1930
Almost as many fly rods as guitars
_/) _/)
_/)

Return to “Introduce yourself”