Hello from London

Aztaki

Hello from London

Post by Aztaki » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:20 am

Hi all -

My name’s Nicola, and I acquired my first cheap acoustic at age 7. I plugged away for a few years, never had lessons, but gradually stopped playing it after I left school. But with time on my hands after retirement I’m having another go, this time with the help of the internet and a much more forgiving Cordoba Dolce.

I’ve got as far as learning to read tab, which has opened up the world of Sor for me. I’m determined to read from the stave eventually, but reading tab means I can get going on a piece far more quickly.

I’m just developing some kind of practise regimen, and trying to play all sorts of things. 99.9% of them are well beyond me, but I’m finding out what I can do, and having loads of fun.

Thoroughly enjoying the forum - full of new information, and I’m in awe at the capabilities of the contributors.

All the best

Nicola

simonm

Re: Hello from London

Post by simonm » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:48 am

Welcome to the forum Nicola,

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- To get started please take a look at the new member info here: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=36537

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- It is useful to put your location into your profile so that people can see where you are located. Just click on your name on the right and then on "edit profile".

Regards,

Simon

James Lister
Luthier

Re: Hello from London

Post by James Lister » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:00 pm

Hi Nicola,

Welcome to the forum!

James
James Lister, luthier, Sheffield UK

Return to “Introduce yourself”