Greetings from Pennsylvania, USA

soclydeza

Greetings from Pennsylvania, USA

Post by soclydeza » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:06 pm

Hello everybody. I've been playing guitar for about 25 years; started on rock, started adding in some blues, eventually jazz, then my interest in playing died out for a while. I started learning flamenco about 2-3 years ago and fell in love with the style and techniques. I've been flirting with the idea of learning classical guitar for a couple of years now (actually on and off all throughout my playing) and I finally feel inspired enough to put in the work. As for what attracts me to classical guitar, the overall mastery of the instrument and the musicianship involved, not to mention that I actually enjoy classical music as it is played on the guitar.

I may take actual face-to-face lessons in the future, but for now I will be going the self-learning route and making sure to minimize bad habits. I look forward to discussing classical guitar with all of you!

CathyCate

Re: Greetings from Pennsylvania, USA

Post by CathyCate » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:31 pm

Welcome to the Delcamp classical guitar forum.

If you have not already done so, please have a look at our welcome page for more information about the forum and its rules.

You need a second post to have access to all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, to all members' scores and levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and to be able post your own scores and recordings. After more posts you may apply for access to some higher levels of sheet music in Delcamp's library (see here).

It is helpful if members include their location in their Profile. To do this click on the User Control Panel at the upper left, then the Profile tab, then enter the information.

Have fun! and welcome to Delcamp forum!
Cathy
Matthew Chaffin 2014 spruce/quilted maple
Andy Culpepper 2015 bear claw spruce/flamed maple

Return to “Introduce yourself”