Hello from the Shetland Islands

AvaNorth

Hello from the Shetland Islands

Post by AvaNorth » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:03 am

Hi

I've been playing for some time but have taken large stretches of breaks in-between but am coming back to regular practice again. I found Delcamp's website and was so happy to find such a large selection of work to choose from! It's so hard to find decent pdf's so I'm grateful to him. :o I look forward to meeting some of you ethereally, especially those in my neck of the woods but I might have to settle for Scotland instead. :wink: I'm an ex-guitar teacher of classical, rock guitar etc - I'm also a singer and used to teach singing but I'm now a fiction author (The AdderStane Series) and am currently writing a TV comedy series. It's all go! I have a song to share, a classical guitar piece I wrote, so later, when more posts of mine have been approved, I hope to post that so you can enjoy and critique.

My learn the classical guitar books for kids (and big kids) I wrote when teaching in schools when the material on offer was dry and dusty.

Anyway, here's my website avalinakreskafictionauthor.blogspot.com, but more importantly, I look forward to sharing work and insights with you all. :bye:
The piano is a monster that screams when you touch its teeth.
Andres Segovia

George Crocket

Re: Hello from the Shetland Islands

Post by George Crocket » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:30 am

Hello Ava. Welcome to the forum (from Scotland!). Many of us have had breaks for long periods, but not so many with such varied creative pursuits in the meantime.

If you have not already done so, please have a look at our welcome page for more information about the forum and its rules. Once you have posted a second message you will be able to access all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, all the members' scores and levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and post your own scores and recordings. After 20 posts you may subscribe to the 020 usergroup with associated membership privileges including access to the higher levels of sheet music in Delcamp's library (see here).

It is helpful if members include their location in their Profile - click on your username and edit.

See you around.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

AvaNorth

Post by AvaNorth » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:35 am

thanks George. Good to meet folks from Scotland.
The piano is a monster that screams when you touch its teeth.
Andres Segovia

TomPollock

Post by TomPollock » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:54 pm

Hi Ava, welcome to the forum. It's a fantastic resource. I've recently joined myself and I'm still finding my way around the site. There's lots of interesting discussions and helpful advice. I'm sure you'll find it useful.
Tom
Alastair McNeill 2001 Spruce
Cuenca C40

Return to “Introduce yourself”