Greetings from Ann Arbor

jjbennett

Greetings from Ann Arbor

Post by jjbennett » Tue May 26, 2015 1:22 pm

Hello Delcamp!

I just started teaching myself classical guitar, and I've decided that I would like to be a member of this forum. I come from a classical piano background - I actually went to the University of Michigan for Piano Performance, but never graduated - but I feel a better connection with the guitar. I am also looking for a teacher in the area, and I hope to one day attend a conservatory for guitar performance.

Thank you, and I look forward to all the helpful advice I'm sure I will receive!

Vito Simplicio
Composer

Re: Greetings from Ann Arbor

Post by Vito Simplicio » Tue May 26, 2015 1:27 pm

Hello jjbennett,

Welcome!

You're right about the helpful advice that you'll get here and the camaraderie isn't to shabby either. :wink:

To get a complete understanding of this forum including links to the rules and help files, please take a look at :arrow: New member greeting page. Once you have posted 2 messages, you can subscribe to the 002 group, which will give you access to the first 3 levels of the Delcamp score collections. After you have posted 20 messages, you can apply for the 020 group, which will give you access to the remaining levels.

On another note, it's interesting and helpful to know where our members live so  please consider adding  your location to your profile by going to your username link at the top right corner and clicking on "Profile."

:merci: and enjoy your time with us.

Vito
( vitO )===:::

Oberg (2008)
Takamine C136S (1977)

Classical Guitar Forum

CathyCate

Post by CathyCate » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:11 pm

jjbennett
Ann Arbor is such wonderful location for an enriched life of classical guitar study! I live in the Detroit area and recently joined this forum. I spend a significant amount of time traveling the I-94 corridor between Detroit and Ann Arbor for concerts, master classes, ensemble rehearsals and lessons in or near your city! Our MI classical guitar society newsletter announces, tracks and reviews a number of these events. We suspend activity for the summer, but will start up again in September in Plymouth, MI your neighboring city. Their district library has served as our host for the past several years. Meetings and concerts are free of charge, may enable you to connect in person with many kindred spirits, showcase what you have learned, join an ensemble or 2 and even, perhaps, locate just the right teacher through word of mouth.
Best wishes on your new journey!
Cathy
Matthew Chaffin 2014 spruce/quilted maple
Andy Culpepper 2015 bear claw spruce/flamed maple

CathyCate

Post by CathyCate » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:03 pm

jjbennett
Please check your PM inbox for updates re: Classical Guitar Society of Michigan activities.
Thank you,
Cathycate
Cathy
Matthew Chaffin 2014 spruce/quilted maple
Andy Culpepper 2015 bear claw spruce/flamed maple

Return to “Introduce yourself”