Hello my fellow guitarists from Michigan

Michael D Bryce

Hello my fellow guitarists from Michigan

Post by Michael D Bryce » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:07 am

Hello, I am new to the forum. This year, I have played the guitar for half a century, so I am stepping out into the world of online communication! I'm starting a FB page for me as a composer / guitarist / childhood music educator, and will develop a web page, just like an adult might have! I first taught myself the guitar and learned from my older brother informally, then, at the age of 21, took my first guitar lesson, and went on to earn a Master of Music degree, majoring in Classical Guitar Performance, at Wayne State University in Detroit, my home town. I now focus on music composition, and I hope to put some of works here in the forum. I have served as President of the Classic Guitar Society of Michigan. I am developing a guitar method for children starting at age 4, but I have found the approach I use can work for adults.
Thanks for reading, and I look forward to reading and posting - as well as playing and composing!
Michael D Bryce

George Crocket

Re: Hello my fellow guitarists from Michigan

Post by George Crocket » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:46 am

Hi Michael.

Welcome to the forum. There is much in the forum to fit with your interests. Our teacher members have both adult and child students. I am sure you will be able to contribute a good deal.

If you have not already done so, please have a look at our welcome page for more information about the forum and its rules.

You need a second post to apply for access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and more posts to apply for access to the higher levels of sheet music (see here). Our Composers' Workshop will likely be a place for you to visit.

It is helpful if members include their location in their Profile - just click on your username.

See you around.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

CathyCate

Post by CathyCate » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:51 pm

Welcome Michael!
One of my teacher's (Waldon Reed) first teachers. Small world. Great work. Thank you for your dedication and your contributions to classical guitar especially here in Michigan.
Cathy
Matthew Chaffin 2014 spruce/quilted maple
Andy Culpepper 2015 bear claw spruce/flamed maple

CathyCate

Post by CathyCate » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:10 pm

Michael
Please check your PM inbox for updates re: Classical Guitar Society of Michigan activities.
Thank you,
Cathycate
Cathy
Matthew Chaffin 2014 spruce/quilted maple
Andy Culpepper 2015 bear claw spruce/flamed maple

Return to “Introduce yourself”