Denmark calling

guitar_thomas

Denmark calling

Post by guitar_thomas » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:09 am

Hello there!

I am a guitar teacher from Denmark, who used to be fairly active in here, but fatherhood, moving from one end of the country to the other and so forth caused me to be automatically deactivated and deleted - all as it should be! Due to bad memory, I now appear under this new user name, for the time being...

However, now I am back, and ready to participate again. What might interest some, is the fact, that I have for the past year been working on the collected solo guitar works of the great Heitor Villa-Lobos, as so many others have done before, and shared my experience with the world on guitarconfessions.blogspot.com. As one would expect, I have made an effort to do a thorough reading of especially the studies, and compared the Max Eschig version with the now famous and much debated manuscript version. I have not, however preferred one version over the other, and tried to be pragmatic, rather than dogmatic in my choices of wihch version to play which section from...

Other than working on Villa Lobos, I teach full time at a music school. Primarily guitar, both classical, steel strung acoustic, fingerstyle and with plectrum, and electric. Other than that, I teach rock bands, guitar ensemble and conduct a string ensemble consisting of cellos, violins and guitars.

I have appeared on a few recordings ranging from pop through tangos to modernist classical, and reularly perform with cover-bands, as well as classical guitar recitals - which are rarer, I must admit, partially because I find it hard to promote myself to venues and arrangers... It's a variety of modesty, that is not very helpful to a performing career. Luckily the bands that I play in, are marketed by other the members, and because of this, I still get to do what I love - play music to people!

All the best

Thomas Lyng Poulsen, Denmark
I can also be found on facebook, twitter and instagram, if anyone wants to find me there...

Erik Zurcher

Re: Denmark calling

Post by Erik Zurcher » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:59 am

Hello Thomas and welcome back to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

Once you have made 2 posts, you should subscribe to the 002 group which gives you access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also enables you to post your own scores and recordings.

After you have posted 20 messages, you will be able to subscribe to the 020 group, which will allow you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. Bear in mind that the quality of your messages is taken into account by the Moderators when approving an application. Messages which are too similar, or without interest will not be counted.

To subscribe to the 002 or 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

graceman

Post by graceman » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:16 am

In danish: Hej Thomas - velkommen til (igen) - rart at se endnu en dansker herinde :-)
In English: Hi THomas - welcome (again) - nice to see yet another dane in here :-)
"..don't be afraid to miss a note. Being afraid is the only way you are sure to miss it.."

guitar_thomas

Post by guitar_thomas » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:48 pm

@graceman tak for det - thank you kindly!

Looking forward to interesting conversation with everybody here!

Paul Janssen

Post by Paul Janssen » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:13 pm

Hi Thomas,

Welcome (back) to the forum.

I must confess I feel I have small connection with Denmark for two reasons: 1. I own a pair of Dynaudio Loudspeakers which were made in Denmark; 2. Crown Princess Mary of Denmark was originally from Australia!!

All the best,

Paul (from Australia).

Guero

Post by Guero » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:05 pm

Hej Thomas!
Hilsen fra Slesvig-Holsten.

guitar_thomas

Post by guitar_thomas » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:56 am

Thanks for the greetings, Paul and Guero! Close relations, I have with the wookies, Yoda once said - Danes feel the same way about Slesvig-Holsten (the part of Denmark, that might oficially be German, but is considered to be Danish-at-heart by Danes) and Australia (Our brothers from another mother)

Return to “Introduce yourself”