Hello hello

Jeff Patton

Hello hello

Post by Jeff Patton » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:29 am

Been a while since I've participated in a dedicated forum with an actual sense of community, but here goes!

I just picked up guitar about 2 months ago, beginning with a steel string acoustic since I was just looking for a new hobby and figured that I wouldn't be losing out on much if I decided not to pursue it. Turns out I love playing and seeing the progress I've been making every day since then. I'm generally more of an alternative rock/metal listener but after going through some fingerstyle songs like Nothing Else Matters and Dust in the Wind, it just felt so satisfying to have that feedback of playing note by note instead of just slamming through chords for an entire song.

I began taking lessons right when I obtained my instrument and gained a lot from having that little bit of structure, but I've cut back on the time with that instructor and decided to dedicate the time I spend in those lessons to my more modern tastes. I've just begun my formal classical lessons last week, and am currently revisiting what I've done on my own so far to ensure I keep on the right track to not developing any bad habits.

I'm at a point in my life where I can devote a very high amount of time to doing what I love without having to worry about many other things, and I'm hoping that by exposing myself to more opportunities such as the curriculum offered here it'll help me progress quicker as well as cement everything I'm learning, even if it isn't all structured exactly the same way.

Looking forward to participating, thanks for reading and sorry for the bulky sentences :)

Marko Räsänen

Re: Hello hello

Post by Marko Räsänen » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:42 am

Hello Jeff, and welcome to Delcamp forum!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

You have access to all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, and to all members' scores. After one more post you'll also be able to subscribe to the 002 group which gives you access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also enables you to post your own scores and recordings. After you have posted 20 messages, you will be able to subscribe to the 020 group, which will allow you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores.

To subscribe to the 002 or 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

To participate on the Delcamp lessons, see registration and conditions, and FAQ for the lessons. If you'd want to peek at the lesson contents, for example to gauge the difficulty of each level and help to decide the most suitable one for you, this topic has the lessons of the previous course linked in the order of progressive difficulty. Remember to advertise the lessons in some way before you apply to be registered as a student here.

Also please consider adding your location into your profile.
Alhambra 4P spruce
Almansa 457 cedar
Cordoba C12 spruce

Return to “Introduce yourself”