Hello from Albuquerque, NM

andyCC

Hello from Albuquerque, NM

Post by andyCC » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:41 am

Hello everyone. I'm currently a high school senior in Albuquerque who has played guitar since the 6th grade. I study under some great instructors, such as John Truitt, who have given myself and the rest of my classmates incredible opportunities to meet, listen to, and work with world class guitarists such as Roland Dyens, Soloduo, and the Texas Guitar Quartet. In addition I have worked under conductors such as Marc Teicholz in participation in New Mexico's All-State guitar ensemble.

Guitar has truly been a great part of my life growing up, and I hope to continue playing into college. I'd like to utilize this forum to grow my skill and continue challenging myself with different music. I am currently working on playing K. Minami's arrangement of Chopin's Nocturne Op. 9 No.2, as well as other fun pieces on the side such as Yamour by Andrew York and John William's arrangement of Cavatina.

Additionally, I actually just this morning received my new guitar, a 2012 Kenny Hill Signature, (My previous Antonio Picado Model 60 got stolen last spring :( )and am hoping to find some resources regarding what strings people who own a similar model might use on it. It is a double top with spruce facing out, and IR back and sides.

I look forward to becoming a part of this wonderful community, and any advice for continuing studying seriously and possibly at a university level would be appreciated!

Andrew

Marko Räsänen

Re: Hello from Albuquerque, NM

Post by Marko Räsänen » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:55 am

Hello Andrew, and welcome to Delcamp forum!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

You have access to all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, and to all members' scores. With two posted messages you're able to subscribe to the 002 group which gives you access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also enables you to post your own scores and recordings. After you have posted 20 messages, you will be able to subscribe to the 020 group, which will allow you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores.

To subscribe to the 002 or 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

Please also consider adding your location into your profile.
Alhambra 4P spruce
Almansa 457 cedar
Cordoba C12 spruce

Paul Janssen

Post by Paul Janssen » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:23 am

HI Andrew,

Greetings from Australia and welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear that your guitar was recently stolen. I can only imagine how horrible that must have been. I hope your new Kenny Hill helps soften the blow.

Cheers,
Paul (from Australia)

andyCC

Post by andyCC » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:28 pm

Paul Janssen wrote:HI Andrew,

Greetings from Australia and welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear that your guitar was recently stolen. I can only imagine how horrible that must have been. I hope your new Kenny Hill helps soften the blow.

Cheers,
Paul (from Australia)
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the welcome! Yes, it was quite shocking, and right before a performance... All good now though! Looking forward to learn new things and contribute to this community :).

Return to “Introduce yourself”