Hello from the state of California

Aradhana Duppala

Hello from the state of California

Post by Aradhana Duppala » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:26 pm

This is Aradhana. :D
I work as a Software Engineer in California Bay Area. 8)
I always loved guitar music and finally have decided to learn playing guitar and classical guitar attracts me the most!

1. I have not played guitar before. But I am all ears and dedicated to learn playing the classical guitar
2. Before finding this forum, I was planning to rely on youtube videos or buy dvd of guitar lessons
3. I am looking for someone who can teach me how to read, understand and play music
4. I do not have any experience in playing music though I really love listening to it
5. Looking for early suggestions on which guitar to buy keeping budget in mind. My dad gave me his Gibson acoustic guitar which is 10 yrs old to begin with. So sweet of him but I cannot tell if it still in the right state :?:

Hope to learn a lot from here!
Cheers :casque:
:merci:

Vito Simplicio
Composer

Re: Hello from the state of California

Post by Vito Simplicio » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:10 pm

Hello Aradhana,

Welcome!

You are an excellent candidate for our On-line classical guitar lessons forum.

To get a complete understanding of this forum including links to the rules and help files, it is highly recommended that you take a look at :arrow: New member greeting page. Once you have posted 2 messages, you can subscribe to the 002 group, which will give you access to the first 3 levels of the Delcamp score collections. After you have posted 20 messages, you can apply for the 020 group, which will give you access to the remaining levels.

On another note, it's interesting and helpful to know where our members live so  please consider adding  your location by going to your username link at the top right corner and clicking on “User Control Panel.”

:merci: and enjoy your time with us.

Vito
( vitO )===:::

Oberg (2008)
Takamine C136S (1977)

Classical Guitar Forum

Aradhana Duppala

Post by Aradhana Duppala » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:04 pm

Hello Vito,
Thanks a lot for the pointers. I will follow the directions you gave and will checkout the on-line classical guitar forum link.
I have also added my location as you suggested.
Thanks again!
:merci:

Bernhard Heimann

Post by Bernhard Heimann » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:25 am

Hello Aradhana,

besides using the Delcamp Scores D01
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=7589
(used for the beginners' lessons) it will be helpful to have a book about the foundations of music (theory) on the guitar.
The basics can be found in most guitar method books;
one that is often recommended is by Frederick M. Noad, named "Solo Guitar Playing" book 1.
But there are many others available - if you need more information, just let me know (message or private message).

Steel string guitars are not useful to learn classical guitar - this topic has been discussed often.

And a teacher is the most rewarding investment if you really want to learn the instrument.

Enjoy the beauty of making music!

Bernhard

Return to “Introduce yourself”