G'day from sunny Melbourne (Oz)

Drewski

G'day from sunny Melbourne (Oz)

Post by Drewski » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:40 pm

Hi everyone
I'm Drewski and I started scratching away on a nice Takamine guitar about 30 years ago, dropping it for yonks and taking it up again when I retired (you bewdy!) a couple of years ago. Of a somewhat parsimonious bent, I'm self-taught, under the strict tutelage of Freddy M Noad (just moving on to book 2). I'm also using Fred's "100 Graded Classical Studies" to try to build a bit of a repertoire. Mauro Giuliani is a great favourite of mine - scarcely believable the bang you get for your buck...I gotta work on my technique, grow my hand for the impossible stretches, and get better at memorising. It's great to be admitted to this forum and looking forward to sharing experiences. :D

George Crocket

Re: G'day from sunny Melbourne (Oz)

Post by George Crocket » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:52 am

Hi Drewski.

Welcome to the forum. There are lots of retirees here who have used their time to pursue guitar, myself included.

Our welcome page is a good place to start for more information about the forum and its rules. You need a second post to apply for access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection (see here). After more posts you may apply for access to the higher levels of sheet music in Delcamp's library.

It is helpful if members include their location in their Profile - click on your username.

Enjoy your visits!
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

petermc61

Post by petermc61 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:57 am

Hi Drewski

Welcome aboard.

Cheers
Peter (Sydney)

Steve Langham

Post by Steve Langham » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:38 am

Hi Drewski

Welcome from another Melbourne resident.

Steve

Return to “Introduce yourself”