Greetings from a wet London

franmouse

Greetings from a wet London

Post by franmouse » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:23 am

Hello from a rainy London...
I started playing the guitar about 10 months ago, and am now beginning to tackle UK grade 3 pieces. In a previous life, I played the flute to post-grade 8 and the guitar has come as an awful shock in terms of how much more difficult it is! I'm lucky enough to have a superb teacher who manages to combine boundless encouragement with a forensic approach to detail. And I'm part of a classical guitar meet up group, which is brilliant for meeting like-minded beginners. Looking forward to being part of the forum.
Fran

Erik Zurcher

Re: Greetings from a wet London

Post by Erik Zurcher » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:51 am

Hello Fran and welcome to Delcamp forum! Feel free to join discussions or start a new topic. Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

You already have access to all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, and to all members' scores. Once you have made 2 posts, you should subscribe to the 002 group which gives you access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also enables you to post your own scores and recordings.

After you have posted 20 messages, you will be able to subscribe to the 020 group, which will allow you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. Bear in mind that the quality of your messages is taken into account by the Moderators when approving an application. Messages which are too similar, or without interest will not be counted.

To subscribe to the 002 or 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and then type your town and state or country, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

edcat7

Post by edcat7 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:59 am

Welcome Fran, that's some progress in 10 months. I also play the dizi (Chinese bamboo flute) but it has taken a back seat and have concentrated on the erhu.

I've noticed that those who are skilled in one instrument, especially those who can read music, can progress a lot faster when they take up another instrument.

Ed
Remember Anthony Weller, please help. Contact myself or Aaron Green for details.

riemsesy

Post by riemsesy » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:46 am

greetings from a wet holland
Best regards, Richard Frank
-Yamaha GC22s
-Raimundo 128c

Brian99

Post by Brian99 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:09 am

Hi and welcome from a sunny! Hampshire :)

it sounds like you are progressing very well.. so keep up the good work..
cheers
Brian

franmouse

Post by franmouse » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:39 am

Thanks guys! Especially for your encouraging words!

Les Montanjees

Post by Les Montanjees » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:26 pm

Welcome from a clear, cold, moonlit Kangaroo Island, where it's nearly midnight. I remember wet London. And dark, slushy winter London and also long-balmy-summer-evening London. Great city to live in for a few years. And for my sins I support Arsenal.

Return to “Introduce yourself”