new member near Rugby England

Andrew W

new member near Rugby England

Post by Andrew W » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:40 pm

Hello Delcamp users. My name is Andrew, I live about equidistant from Rugby, Coventry and Leamington in the UK. I have played for many years and am of good amateur standard. I have recently taken up classical playing seriously again after a 5 year layoff and I would love to connect with like minded good players in my area. I have dozens of duets from Cardoso through Granados, some Argentine tango, a lot of Bach, etc etc. I'd really like to share this stuff, no pressure to perform concerts.

I have a lovely concert guitar, spruce and rosewood Torres-model by Steve Toon of Cheltenham.

Pieces I'm working on currently: Rodrigo, Fantasia para un gentilhombre; Torroba, Madronos; Bach first cello suite - just to give you an idea. I'm a worker rather than a natural, and I don't think I've ever performed anything error free in 43 years of playing - but I'm not bad, and my tone is pretty nice I think.

lagartija

Re: new member near Rugby England

Post by lagartija » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:35 pm

Hello Andrew, welcome to Delcamp! If you have not yet found it, please have a look at our welcome page, and this post by Jean-François Delcamp, our host, which explains his thoughts on the purpose of this site.

It is helpful if members include their location in their Profile. To do this, click on the User Control Panel at the upper left, then the Profile tab, then enter the information. This helps other members know in what time zone you live. :D

Have fun! and welcome to Delcamp forum! :bye:
When the sun shines, bask.
__/^^^^^o>
Classical Guitar forever!

Return to “Introduce yourself”