Hello from Kentucky, USA

Rich.Agire

Hello from Kentucky, USA

Post by Rich.Agire » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:21 am

Hello

I have taken CG lessons off-and-on for about 30 years. Am currently working on pieces I love ( Sor, Carulli, etc) and learning from Jason Vieux on Artistworks web site. I take cello lessons from a teacher who is a professional musician in Cincinnati, so I keep very busy with learning. Btw, I am 56, so it's never too late to learn an instrument!

I read notation and love to learn a new piece. Have owned a 1969 Hernandis guitar ( Bought it off a consignment rack about 25 years ago - got lucky because it has decent sound and the intonation is OK). Just purchased a Córdoba C12 cedar limited and love it! I will post a review for one of my first posts.

I will end with a saying my cello teacher uses a lot: " It's the process...not the progress", meaning, learning to play an instrument, no matter how poorly you may sound, is a great accomplishment and an excellent way to keep your mind young.

Looking forward to learning from you all

Rich :bye:

George Crocket

Re: Hello from Kentucky, USA

Post by George Crocket » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:06 am

Hello Rich. Welcome to the forum. As an adolescent my elder daughter took cello lessons and I always loved the sound. She gave up, so I cannot play duets with her. :(

Please be sure to look at our welcome page for more information about the forum and its rules.

Afetr a second post you should subscribe to the 002 group, which allows access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection (see here). Later you may apply for access to the higher levels of sheet music in Delcamp's library.

It is helpful if members include their location in their Profile - click n your username.

Have fun!
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

Rich.Agire

Re: Hello from Kentucky, USA

Post by Rich.Agire » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:46 am

Thanks George! Appreciate the welcome. There is SO MUCH info available on this site. Looking forward to spending many nights searching and reading the posts.

Rich
2015 Cordoba C12 Limited CD/MR

Return to “Introduce yourself”