Greetings from Oakland, California

Ebenm

Greetings from Oakland, California

Post by Ebenm » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:09 am

Hi, I have just recently started playing guitar. I am quite eager to learn more I have been using youtube videos to learn so far and a few tips from my friends. I have my first professional lesson on Monday here in Oakland. One of my good friends is also a professional music teacher.

George Crocket

Re: Greetings from Oakland, California

Post by George Crocket » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:55 am

Hi Ebenm.

Welcome to the Delcamp classical guitar forum. Our our welcome page points to more information about the forum and its rules. You need a second post to subscribe to the 002 usergroup which allows access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection (see here). After more posts you may apply for access to the higher levels of sheet music in Delcamp's library.

It is helpful if members include their location in their Profile - click on your username.

Enjoy your upcoming lesson, and enjoy your visits to the forum.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

Joe de V

Re: Greetings from Oakland, California

Post by Joe de V » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:51 pm

Welcome Ebenm: You will find the CG a great instrument that can produce beautiful sounds unlike any other strings instrument. Your choice of a tutor is very important . He/She should be able to teach you to sight read the musical staff- no Tabs reading - and develope your technique at a reasonable pace. Patience and practie will lead you to a well-rounded knowledge and skills in the playing of the classical guitar. Good Luck and Enjoy your time spend with the guitar.

Return to “Introduce yourself”