Isbin, Gilbert - Solo Guitar Works Vol 1 - A Splendid Glow - Video

Audio and video recordings of contemporary music from 1940 to the present. Our interpretations of works for which the copyright holders have given their permission.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Chobanian, Loris - Maharaja's Fancy - Trio Video
or Pujol, M. D. - Preludio Triston - Video (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
RobMacKillop

Isbin, Gilbert - Solo Guitar Works Vol 1 - A Splendid Glow - Video

Post by RobMacKillop » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:17 am

The first piece in his Solo Guitar Works Volume 1. Isbin writes very interesting modern guitar music at the intermediate level. You can purchase the score from a famous online store named after a river!

Sorry about the page turn. I'm suffering from pain in my left-hand index finger these days, and playing is severely limited as I try to rest it. So, I've only been able to read through this piece three times this morning, and it might be a while before I can play it again. So, on my last time through, I put on the camera.

RobMacKillop

Re: Isbin, Gilbert - Solo Guitar Works Vol 1 - A Splendid Glow - Video

Post by RobMacKillop » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:54 pm

No takers? :-)

Sean Eric Howard

Post by Sean Eric Howard » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:46 pm

Very fine video, Rob. Nice tone! One of these days, I'll have to check the composer out.

Sorry about the finger, although I think a doc will get you back to 100% in short order. I just recently came across some of your videos of Estanislao Marco. Fine stuff there. I've contacted Piles about getting permission to put some mp3s up here on Delcamp, but no response (I've tried twice). The last volume is on its way from Los Angeles. Fine music there.

RobMacKillop

Post by RobMacKillop » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:59 pm

Cheers, Sean. Yes, Marco should be better known. Some really nice romantic pieces there. Isbin has his own voice. After spending much of my career playing historical music, it's nice to able to support living composers. Thanks for your comment, Sean.

Sean Eric Howard

Post by Sean Eric Howard » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:01 pm

How did you find this composer?

RobMacKillop

Post by RobMacKillop » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:44 pm

We've known each other for years, without ever meeting, through the lute world. His influences are similar to mine: early music, Bill Evans (jazz pianist with some Debusseyan influences), free improv, Ralph Towner, and Reginald Smith Brindle. It all comes out in his music.

Return to “Our recordings of Contemporary music”